Upcoming / News
April 2020: Group Exhibition Real, Symbolic, Imaginary – A research trip to North Korea at Diskurs Berlin
Lorina Speder is an artist, musician and freelance writer who was born in West-Berlin in 1988. She studied Jazz Guitar and Piano at Siena Jazz Academy and German Literature and Art History at Humboldt University in Berlin.
Her artistic work is her approach to reflect on the self, her every day surroundings and the identity of unknown places. While traveling she explores and researches the communication, language and social constructs and produces videos, drawings, collages, lyrics, music and articles about her findings. In the past Speder went to Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and Russia and collaborated with artist Leiko Ikemura.
Past Involvements / Events
- Concert with Present Square at Wasserturm Kreuzberg
- Published article in Der Tagesspiegel and TRAFFIC magazine about research trip to Russia
- Concerts with Present Square at Schokoladen Berlin, Uferhallen & Wiesenburg
- Release of Present Square EPs l (2018) and ll (in collaboration with Leiko Ikemura, 2019)
- Exhibitions at Werkhalle Wiesenburg & KTB Berlin
- Invited Speaker at oqbo Berlin, Berghain Kantine (Good to talk) & On Air Festival (2018)
- Published article in Der Tagesspiegel and taz. die tageszeitung about research trip to Korea