Upcoming / News
(postponed) Group Exhibition Real, Symbolic, Imaginary – A research trip to North Korea, curated by Jung Me Chai and Jiwoo Kim at Diskurs Berlin
Lorina Speder (*1988 in West-Berlin) is an artist, musician and freelance writer. She studied Economics (Bachelor & Master of Science) in Berlin and Magdeburg, Jazz Guitar and Piano at Siena Jazz Academy and German Literature and Art History at Humboldt University in Berlin (Bachelor of Art, 2020).
Next to music, her artistic work is mostly conceptual and she produces videos, drawings, collages and lyrics. In the last years she went to Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and Russia for research purposes.
In 2017 she founded the Art Project Present Square with Milo Frielinghaus and is the singer and guitarist of the Project’s band Present Square. For the second EP of the band Lorina collaborated with artist Leiko Ikemura.
Past Involvements / Events
- Release of Present Square’s EP lll with two new Songs, recorded in December 2019
- Group Exhibition In 24-Hours, curated by Ayshia Taskin at The Wall Space Gallery, Scotland
- Live Session with Present Square at Radio Fritz for Unsigned Program
- Concert with Present Square at Wasserturm Kreuzberg & Petersburg Art Space, Berlin
- Published article in Der Tagesspiegel and TRAFFIC magazine about research trip to Russia
- Concerts with Present Square at Schokoladen Berlin, Uferhallen & Wiesenburg
- Release of Present Square EPs l (2018) and ll (in collaboration with Leiko Ikemura, 2019)
- Exhibitions at Werkhalle Wiesenburg & KTB Berlin
- Invited Speaker at oqbo Berlin, Berghain Kantine (Good to talk) & On Air Festival (2018)
- Published article in Der Tagesspiegel and taz. die tageszeitung about research trip to Korea